Sunday, March 08, 2009

She is 3!

Avery has just been sooo excited for this "pink" day to come:

Had the family over, had dinner, played Win, Loose or Draw (Here's Grandpa with a LOT of young grandsons)


Decorated the cake (beforehand, of course) - which was JUST as thrilling as anything else,

Avery's fairy toadstool -- she picked it herself out of a book - I think her favorite was that it was pink:


I told her to sit by her cake and she "posed" automatically -- I think the birthday photo shoots recently have influenced her.



the birthday girl opening her presents:






Riding her new scooter from Grandma -- and pretty good at it too -- uses the wall for brakes still, but what do you expect?









8 comments:

Adrienne said...

Yay for Pink!! Cute cake...except what what are those fairies made out of? And what is this cupcake hat that keeps appearing in all the photos? I think I see a cupcake clip! Happy B-day Avery!

Kirsty said...

No way! Happy birthday cute girl. She is so sweet and you did a great job on her toadstool cake. Love her scootering in her tutu, it's too-too cute ;)
Did you get a package yet? If not, do not, I repeat, do not read the most current post on my blog :D

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Wow!! She's 3!? Amazing job on the cake Kal...like it would be any other way. I love, love, love the poser! So cute!! Happy Birthday Aves!!

Kallie said...

A- the book made the fairies out of fondant, but i just used laffy taffy -- cheaper and less hassle. (although the wings are white mystery airheads)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Aves! Thanks for the pictures. We love them. (Case even knows who you are.)
And (Kal) may I just say you are so stinkin' skinny, I'm jeal.

Spencer G said...

Family looks wonderful. You still in Bowling Green? I came very close to going there, but I think I'll be heading to Penn State, Harrisburg instead. We'll see. Anyway, how's life out there?

Becky Bean said...

Great cake pose! It's pretty obvious she knows she's adorable! Wish little Avery a happy birthday for us!

Michelle said...

She is so cute! I love your cake! Does Avery have the book Pinkalicious? Alaria LOVES it and makes me read it like ten times a day! She loves to yell out "PINK" every time it says it!