Monday, June 22, 2009

Our vacation

First we started off traveling to Rexburg to stay with Jamie and Nathan: this is the kids teasing the kitten outside the window... The next morn, Ryan ran his personal best in the Teton Dam half marathon: "Way to go, IdaHO!"
stretching...


We celebrated our 4th anniversary by going here: to the North Hiway Cafe -- I thought Ry would enjoy it because I'd heard it was worthy of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I'm not so sure about that anymore, but it certainly was and experience to remember.


Laur hitched a ride with us after we hoteled in Boise with the rest of the crew -- only to get very carsick in the back o' the van -- what with all those windy roads the last hour and a half.



We ended up at Wallowa Lake, OR where we reunioned in cabins with the Inman clan -- here we are exporing the town of Joseph in the pouring rain:





So the trip(s) there weren't bad because they were very much broken into handleable increments -- the trip home, I was dreading because of the 10 hour-ness of it. It actually wasn't ALL that bad -- no major incidences even though our kids hung from railings at rest stops:




. . . and Max actually even (and finally) fell asleep after dinner -- I think he confused his last bite of sandwich with his bink -- don't worry, he woke up an hour later and finished off what was left of it. (go ahead and click on that to enlarge -- it's pretty hilar.)











2 comments:

Kate said...

Max's burger-binkie is awe.some. I'm glad that you had fun and that you're home safe a sound!

Laura said...

Thanks for the riding fun! and sicky fun. But thanks for letting me be an addition to your fam for the weekend. Cabin and all. That pic is funny with Ave's head stuck over and Max's drink. And hotty me.