Monday, July 20, 2009

What is WRONG?

Don't be fooled -- these are not acorns -- they are the very first of our tomatoes. This "rotton" spot is only on the bottoms -- and they aren't resting on the ground or anything... I have no idea what kind of a disease they might have but this is not acceptable! I've had the bacon and lettuce in waiting for way too long now -- and this is mighty concerning to me. Does anyone know what this is about? We took our kids swimming and for a picnic Saturday night and though the swimming was super fun, I loved the picnic --it was a perfect evening for it and I love these times when my kids think pb&j is the best dinner EVER! (if that's the case -- I don't know why I spend so much energy trying with a regular dinner...)


and this is just my avery exploring my purse... with only a little bit of a guilty look



and cute kisses...








7 comments:

The Reeds said...

It looks like bottom rot. The soil has a deficiency of some kind and an application of lime will help. You can find it at your local hardware store. I had this problem with my tomatoes at the beginning as well. Hope that helps!!

Adrienne said...

I still can't believe how much avery looks like you esp in the glasses. Don't know about the tomatoes but the picnic looks way fun! I need to do something like that.

Kirsty said...

So precious. I'm so sorry about your tomatoes but huge CONGRATULATIONS on baby Browne #3!! Did I miss an official announcement? Am I going senile having already congratulated you (this is probable)

Anyway..yay!! I'm excited. You guys are super adorable.

Jamie said...

For more information on your blossom rot - check this out: http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/publications/tomatoproblemsolver/ripe/end_rot.html

We are thinking that is what you have. Bummer...

Heather Gray said...

Congratulations on baby #3! Did you make an official announcement on here or is the baby wiki supposed to be a big hint? Anyway, so happy for you!

lisa said...

way to go on numero tres guys! we are very excited for all of you!!! im sure it will be as cute as numbers one and two :)

Melanie said...

Congratulations Kallie! It sounds like I'm not the only one who thought they missed an official announcement...anywho...wow, you're going to be a mommy of 3! Very exciting! Miss ya!