Monday, November 29, 2010

Festive Family Fun

What a busy week. To start it off we went to the children's musical "Knuffle Bunny" for FHE. The kids loooooved it. Linds and Ry came over so Truman could go to bed, so we got to go to Sammy's for shakes. They loved sitting up to the bar and teasing with the college kids there.
then we ventured in the storms on Wed. and made it to Basalt. I organized an Anderson Family Turkey Trot to promote exercising and battle those extra calories to be consumed


Here's the starting line-up (we had to do it in the church halls because of the freeeeezing weather and piles of snow.)


it's only 30 laps for approx. 3 miles. I even did a little just as a tribute to Sue Heck



the kids got more fun than than they knew -- games and fishponds and stories and coloring. . .


and then there was the feast:


ahh, family togetherness.


and the next day we took group family pictures and A and I took our kids to Tangled afterward. But not before we did some shopping since we couldn't get into the time we wanted. (Avery said "these are for kids with little boobs, like me!")


(Notice my wheelchair cart view -- every kid wanted a ride.)
and then we were at the movie after 4 hours of dragging them around.


and really, there were more highlights, game night at Adrie's where I think I laughed so hard I peed, and Mom and Dad giving their mission reports at church. And lowlights -- 12 people with a stomach bug within a matter of days. . . then to drive home in more and more snow. but we made it and are thankful.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

ooooh sammy shakes, yumm!

Terry said...

Priceless! Almost like I was there.

Ryan and Lindsay said...

Oh I just love Avery's comment about the bra... and the picture to go along with it, is priceless! Glad you guys had some fun. Can't wait to see you again!

Laura said...

nice race pics. And I enjoy your commentary always. Good blogger

Karen said...

I love your hair!