Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 on 1.11.11

This is an ode to our little T -- can't believe he's 1 already.
(adrie is my official card designer. ;))


feels like yesterday that I was like this:
(yowsers)

and only hours later, he was like this:
(I can just smell his paper thin soft cheeks)
he had a happy, drooly day...



we spent all day prepping for the party



made a banana split cake for the boy who is CRAZY about bananas




you see that look in his eyes? He sees those bananas calling to him...


"we're number one! oh wait, he's number one!"


I don't think he ever put any in his mouth, but it sure was fun to play in.




then came some gifts:



and he went to bed a happy boy.














8 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun party! Thanks for sharing.

Adrienne said...

that cake looks awesome! Happy birthday Tru! See ya with another present in a few (hours, days???)

Robyn said...

Wow I can't believe he is 1! Time flies. That cake looked yummy!! You are so creative, happy 1-11-11 :)

Kate said...

Yay for Mooman! (Is it OK if I call him "Mooman" for the rest of his life?) Thanks for the fun party. Wish we could have stayed longer (and that my little angels hadn't screamed the whole time ...) I'm going to need that meatball recipe "'Cause it is goo-ood!" (a la cousin Eddie)

Unknown said...

He is so cute. Happy Birthday to Truman! What exactly is in that cake? It looks awesome.

Kallie said...

lynette,
the cake is just layers of a yellow cake, french custard and whipped cream, bananas and a little drizzle of hot fudge (hence, the melting of the pudding, but it tasted a lot better than hersheys syrup would've.)

Laura said...

wow kal, that cake was fab. And nice apron! and he's cute.

Kirsty said...

What an AWESOME date to turn 1! He is soooo cute. LOoks like a ONEderful day!