Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This week in birthdays

'Tis the birthday season in our household, but first let's take a look at Ryan, who went on a week-long cruise for a work leadership conference -- straight from Mexico where he sat in the lap of luxury for a week prior to the "work retreat". he had fun, but not as much fun as this:
he's making sure the bears are in position for the correct defense (or something like that)



Max was more excited for a football cake than anyone I'VE ever known...here he is blowing out his candles:



rewind to the morning hours of his 3-year mark





he thanked Avery for the superman cape she made him...





and THEN to top it all off, the new 3-year old got to go to his first day of preschool!

(and he LOVES his BYU uniform his daddy game him, as you can see...)




After Ry took the kids mini-golfing, I tried to give him all sorts of suggestions for a yummy birthday dinner, but his choice was oatmeal and green smoothies. I aim to please!








5 comments:

Ryan and Lindsay said...

Now that's MY kind of dinner! (What was in the green smoothies??? They look delish!)

Happy Birthday, Max! We sure love you!

Kallie said...

well, since you asked -- a cup of milk, a cup or more of frozen or fresh fruit, a vanilla yogurt and like 4 cups of raw spinach. (and a couple t. of canola oil -- if you're into that sort of thing, which i am.) for this particular one i used strawberries, mango and banana, but my go-to is the frozen blend of strawberries, peach and pineapple from walmart. mmmmm.

Adrienne said...

nice cake! and I love his hugging Avery face! Happy Birthday Max!

Larissa said...

cute cake idea, you even have different colored jerseys for each "team". we have spinach smoothies around here too, my friends think I'm a freak, glad to know I am in good company!

Unknown said...

Ryan has a tough life with all of these vacations. I want to be like him when I grow up.

Happy Birthday to Max!! Looks like he had a fun day.