Friday, September 23, 2011

Lately

I've only had 2 incidents this week with sending Avery to school at the wrong time. One day it was an hour early and today it was an hour late. I try so hard to keep all the schedules entered in my ipod, with alarms at the appropriate times and still -- twice in one week? Disgusting. Stupid early-out.
On another note: I've recently allowed my kids to wash the dishes at the sink -- we may never need a dishwasher again! They love it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off any second, but so far... ...they have still been offering after every meal. Yeah, it takes a LOT longer and then I have to check anyway and usually do some re-washing, but like they say, we're raisin' kids, not. . . clean dishes? (er, whatever.)

Tru, I think, may be a little too big for her, but anyone who's willing to share bites of cereal will eventually end up with him on their lap.




Monday night we went to the educational fire safety event which scared the pants off our kids






not during, just after -- when it was time to go to bed and they knew they could see smoke in their room --






Avery and Max are still LOVING to go to school -- Tru likes to see them off with a proper hug:




Max was spotlighted (spotlit?) the other day so I stayed and recorded it. He was cute, talking about all the things he likes, and shared his favorite candy (Noni chews - the only candy I had in the house) by saying "this is the candy my dad always gives me during church". Here he is passing it out to everyone:





1 comment:

Laura said...

that's funny. every caption. cute hugger. and Tru's like smashing Aves. and good raising dish doers. Great job! and Max gets 'candy' during church...