We've been long-time planning a trip to San Diego for our family -- and it has finally come and gone. I think if I gave the go-ahead, we would move there tomorrow -- Ry loves that place.
The next day we headed the rest of the way, stopped in Barstow for picnic lunch:
Then made it to San Diego that night and introduced the kids to Anthony's Fishette - where Ry took me the day he proposed. Max and Tru REALLY didn't like all the stray pigeons begging for crumbs -- they screamed off and on the whole time. Our fellow diners were amused in a sympathetic sort of way.
but they liked walking the docks and checking out the boats:
and then the next day we went to Sea World -- here we are waiting for the shuttle:
the kids loved the shows, Avery's favorite were the flying acrobats dressed as birds and such, at the dolphin show
and this is where Max really let loose, fun way to cool off in the fountains:
we loved strolling around all day there
Aves loved touching the sting wrays
and the tide pool was a favorite:
this is max eating some weird fizzle Skittles. He'd make this pained expression every time he'd eat one, but it didn't stop him from eating them gone over a few days.
Truman gets left out a lot. but he is a cute little lug to haul around too. The next day we spent all morning at the beach:
.JPG)
they buried my legs,
.JPG)
they buried my legs,
and Avery was THRILLED to find bits of seashells. (she doesn't know what she's missin')
.JPG)
checkin' out the waves for the first time
.JPG)
after we got the sand out of places sand should not go, we went to Old Town:
and visited the Mormon Battalion visitors center
which was very interesting for Avery, she made us take a picture by all the covered wagons, because it's "just like in Nauvoo where Gramma Terry is!"
.JPG)
Max did NOT like the tour, because we were led through an interactive ordeal where we watched still pictures talk to us and felt and smelled things in the movie clips we watched. It reminded him too much of the Sesame Street 4D movie we watched at Sea World, which scared him to death. He hated being sprayed, blown, shook -- all the fun stuff. He did like panning for gold though, and wouldn't leave when it was time:
checkin' out the waves for the first time
after we got the sand out of places sand should not go, we went to Old Town:
which was very interesting for Avery, she made us take a picture by all the covered wagons, because it's "just like in Nauvoo where Gramma Terry is!"Max did NOT like the tour, because we were led through an interactive ordeal where we watched still pictures talk to us and felt and smelled things in the movie clips we watched. It reminded him too much of the Sesame Street 4D movie we watched at Sea World, which scared him to death. He hated being sprayed, blown, shook -- all the fun stuff. He did like panning for gold though, and wouldn't leave when it was time:
7 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am jealous!
I'm glad you guys had such a great time. We love going to visit San Diego.
What a great vacation. I love that you took them there.......thanks for sharing.
What cute pictures! I am so glad that you guys had a such a great time! I can't wait to talk to the kids all about it.
that looks so fun! I might have to plan a trip there. I love all the pics and I love the porta potty...genius! is barstow the very same one in PT III? haha
the one and only!
Looks like one fun vacation!
Post a Comment