Ry ran his seventh half marathon today. (if you think about it that way, he's got some good mileage in...) the kids were freezing and they look a bit bitter, or delirious, or both:
but they warmed up over some hot breakfast:
.JPG)
the downside of this race was that it was poorly-marked at the homestretch so as we were gearing up our cameras and camcorders -- squinting and analyzing every runner's stride to try to find Ry -- and I'm coaching the kids on how loud to scream when he ran past -- he called from behind us 'cause he had run across the finish line from the other direction. He only ran a block or two extra but was bummed because he missed the fun part of running a race. According to his calculations, his time would've been 1:35.50 -- which sets a new PR for him, but don't worry, I made him go back and run it again so I could get a snapshot. (he's not normally this cheery when sprinting his last steps.)

the downside of this race was that it was poorly-marked at the homestretch so as we were gearing up our cameras and camcorders -- squinting and analyzing every runner's stride to try to find Ry -- and I'm coaching the kids on how loud to scream when he ran past -- he called from behind us 'cause he had run across the finish line from the other direction. He only ran a block or two extra but was bummed because he missed the fun part of running a race. According to his calculations, his time would've been 1:35.50 -- which sets a new PR for him, but don't worry, I made him go back and run it again so I could get a snapshot. (he's not normally this cheery when sprinting his last steps.)
2 comments:
Way to go, Ryan. I didn't realize you were such a good runner. Keep up the good work.
That is AWESOME. I am running so slow lately, but I'm just gonna say - It's me. We're going to run a 10K in Colorado next May. Wanna come?
Post a Comment