Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love lemons

before I first went to BYU I made a quilt -- "yellow snow" -- which was made of lots of different simple yellow fabrics. and white trimming. but mostly it was yellow. i loved it for years. i still love it. yellow has been a favorite color for most of my life. And then there's the lemon. I don't love lemonade. or lemon poppy seed cake. i prefer almond. but i love the look and the idea of lemons. i like to cook with them -- squeezing them into something sauteeing, or zesting them -- it's just gourmet-feeling. i always wanted sliced lemons floating in bowls of water for my wedding reception -- right now, i honestly can't remember if that happened. there may have just been floating flowers. last night ry took me to this restaurant - La Jolla Groves. i got so happy about the yellow linen napkins on the white linen tablecloths. i didn't want to leave. it was so pretty. the bathroom had the coolest faucet i have ever seen. and the food was divine. it was the best beef tenderloin i've ever tasted. how much do you think it would cost to build a real-looking pretend lemon tree in my kitchen?

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

me too!

Unknown said...

wow. That is a really cool looking restaurant.

Kate said...

I have been dying to try that restaurant. Let's leave the kids with the dads and have a GNO there soon!

Jamie said...

we did a RS night on lemons not long ago. It was fascinating! And we even talked about getting dwarf lemon trees that we could have in our homes. I'm tempted.

Sandy W said...

Hi Kallie and Ryan
I can't find your email anywhere but wanted you to know that Marvie - the sweet little lady that lived below you - passed away on Sunday. Very sad but she has been so sick. Hope all is well!! I can't believe how big the kids are getting.

http://www.sent-trib.com/trib/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20456:marvelle-plassman&catid=45:obituaries&Itemid=110

Kallie said...

Sandy,

Thanks for letting us know. I must have an old email address for you because my notes to you the last couple times I've tried have failed. Wish we could go to the funural thursday -- Kallie