Happy 2011! This is the first year we have actually involved the kids in a new year celebration. It's always been so easy to just forget about it, put them to bed and then have friends over to play games etc. We still didn't want to face the wrath of angry sleep-deprived children (ours especially need their beauty sleep) so we set the clock back 4 hours and had a count-down. Evidently I took no pictures (we were busy taking videos instead) but we made yummy snacks,
played lots of Wii games -- our favorite was still Just Dance 2 (not pictured)
ate muddy buddies, did sparklers outside, banged symbols, drank some spicy drink (pom. 7-up) in our goblets, kissed everyone, sang and hollered in the new year. The kids thought they shouldn't bang pans too loud 'cause they would wake up the sleeping neighbors. How considerate. Too bad it was only 8:00. but they were in bed and sleeping by 8:16 and Ry and I had the rest of the night to chill. It was a great arrangement.
Baseball
7 years ago
4 comments:
Perfect idea! I love it! Happy New Year. (I'm wishing we'd done the same by the way my kids are falling apart right now after having gone to bed at 12:45am)
what a fun night! One of these years we'll get together :)
I love this idea!!! Great!!
That is a great idea. We will have to copy next year. Rick wanted to keep Keira up and I said no way. I don't regret that decision at all! haha.
Post a Comment