Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pioneer Day Celebration

Ryan was gone to scout camp for most of the week so I decided to take the kids to my home town to chill. We did a lotta down-home stuff, like learn about fish guts:

and pod peas,
and swing and run in the backyard (after feeding the chickens)

Jamie had an appendectomy, just to keep things interesting (she was kinda bored), but wanted to show up to the family dinner to tell everyone about it (only hours after she was discharged from the hospital...

we reunited with cousins, uncles, aunts, I haven't seen in years and years -- it was so much fun. These kids used the universal language --

and ate lots of good food,

rode horses, (thanks so much for the action shot laur,)



avery joined the primary singing in the skit which was brave, I thought.

(that's Mom; she's the new primary music leader)

Max tried his hand at pioneer games, led by my dad,

and there ya have it.


1 comment:

Adrienne said...

we had fun seeing you! Glad you came.