Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grotto Trail

Saturday Ryan wanted to take us up near Payson Lakes to hike and see the leaves starting to change. It was a nice change from the usual "fall-time drive up the canyon". This was actually the kids' first hike and it was perfect for them because it was super short and easy.


They like to get up close and personal with the wildlife. (it's a caterpillar)




and there were plenty of streams to cross on "bridges".



and this was the fun surprise at the end!




The kids had pb&j but my fun surprise at the end was Ryan insisting I try Downtown Philly(DP) Cheesesteaks. I've sort of been dreaming about them ever since -- it was soooo yummy.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You guys are the third family I know of that hiked the Grotto this weekend. No joke. I feel like the loser who didn't get invited to the party! :) Just kidding. Glad you had fun! I've never done that hike - it looks lovely. I'll have to take my kiddos sometime.

Laura said...

On that family pic it looks like you're just popping a squat in mid air. I had to look at it for a long time. Good job.