Thursday, January 05, 2012

Dates with our kids

For Christmas, one of the gifts we gave our kids was a gift of love, in the form of time by way of coupons. How's that? So they each have one for a date with each parent. Avery wanted to "go out" with me first and chose bowling. A 9 lb ball was the lightest we could find:She was like a different person -- it was so fun to be one-on-one with her and I could tell she felt so special --
Even though all the gutter bumpers were being used, she didn't care -- just became familiar with the lingo and LOVED checking the score on the monitor.
No date is complete without a little treat of some sort. I think I'll ask her out again.
Then Max wanted to cash his coupon in for his daddy date and chose mini-golfing:
Ry said they had a great time too -- Max is really into deep thinking and asking lots of pertinent questions.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

great idea! we may steal it

Ryan and Lindsay said...

Cute idea! Cute kids! Cute parents!

Adrienne said...

great idea. Pretty soon I'd be going out 5 times a month! That's a lot...hmmm maybe I'll try this out.

Kori said...

Very cool!