Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Truman: the loyal little man

Today Truman turns 2. It's kind of cool because usually when my babes have turned 2 there is another baby around to distract, but NOT THIS TIME! Here is my car-loving cute one from the other day:and today, the other kids were playing at a friend's house while Tru and I went to his well-check. He never enjoys the doctor much (HATES it) but we did a little shopping together and picked up some balloons for the occasion. I figured he'd get a kick out of it...
Then Avery and Max gave him their special gift when he woke up from his nap: a pickle.
this boy LOVES pickles! (I've caught him carrying jars of them around from the pantry more than once) Then we had dinner, his choice of rolled hot dogs and peaches with cottage cheese.
He also has a passion for trains, so Max and I surprised him with this cake:
He didn't want to leave it after he saw it. that made me happy.
"...should I put the fire out?"

everybody helping themselves to the sugar:
It was a fun day -- especially the 3 hours I had alone with Truman this morning. I should arrange that more often -- he was such a peaceful, pleasant boy. Happy 2 Tru!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Kallie! I enjoy reading your blog, but I do apologize that I don't comment. Your kids are adorable and getting so big! Thanks for the Christmas card! Our baby Kinley should be arriving in about 3 weeks! I've gone blog crazy this month playing catch up from 2011. Check it out! Miss ya!

Adrienne said...

Nice cake...though that marshmallow is a little creepy! You did good work. Love the letters and the fondant colors and the rocks!! Only 2 year olds can get excited about a pickle for a present...that is really funny~

Unknown said...

So cute! Happy birthday to the big 2 year old!

Terry said...

Give that big boy hugs from me! Keep up the pictures. Lots of love...........