Saturday, March 12, 2011

the birthday bash


This is the first "friend" birthday party we have hosted. Even though I insisted I was going to lay low in the planning and carrying-out of this ordeal, it was still plenty of work! I don't know how some people want to do this year after year, kid after kid. I even talked myself so down for this "easy" party that I completely forgot to do the cake until last night at 9:30. Good thing it was already baked and in the freezer. the kids played all kinds of games to earn money for Avery's Sweet Shoppe



Ry was in charge of all the games and did a fabulous job, while I just walked around and took pictures and cleaned up.



pin the cupcake on Avery's nose was a hit:


then they ate their pizza's they made earlier

and after presents and cake they got to go hog wild at the candy store -
filling their buckets with whatever they wanted.

the look on her face pretty much explains everything.


We love our new 5-year-old.








9 comments:

Leisa said...

Love the cake! So cute! Those parties got overwhelming for me, too, so years ago we decided the kids would only get a 'friend' party on their even birthdays, ages 4-12. Worked for us!

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Holy Kal!! I wished I could "whip" something up that fabulous!! I sure think u r great!! Love u!

Adrienne said...

what a fabulous party! Wish I could have come. I love how the sock "cupcakes" turned out too!

Ryan and Lindsay said...

Um, wow!! That cake is amazing... As are you! Especially since you forgot until right before. I wish I could just throw a cake together and have it look like that! Happy Birthday, Aves!!! We love you!

Terry said...

I love that 5-year old, and her whole family! Thanks for sharing.

John and Kori said...

What a creative idea for a Birthday Party! I'm very impressed. I haven't decided if I ever want to do a friend party, then they might expect it every year, we'll see.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Avery! I know what you mean. A friend birthday party sounds like a lot of work (or a lot of money if you don't want to do the work). Keira is already asking for a friend birthday party because she has been to a bunch in the past couple of months. She doesn't even turn 5 until June. Ugh.

Erin and Spencer said...

Pin the cupcake on Avery's nose... cute!!!

SANDERS said...

Wow do you hire out as a party planner! I would hire you for sure!! What a good mom you are!!